Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The jewels that adorn me

For so long I wandered naked in the desert, sunburnt, windburnt, chapped lips, fingers sliced by tiny bits of glass. I had even become unrecognizable to myself. I stared back at my own reflection found in a mirage that quickly faded into dry silt. I once had glorious thick tendrils of hair flowing to my shoulders in curls so thick but now they had withered and fallen out leaving just dry thin straw in its place. With one last hope i knelt there and prayed to the one who made me.

Father, master, Lord,
     I have been so foolish to leave your home. That abundant castle where even my smallest desires were immediately attended too by celestial beings. You had even warned me of the folly ahead but like a child I wondered outside the door and followed that old toothless hag until my very knees were bleeding.
      You stood at the door calling my name, "Dear Prince!" You would shout, "My son!!" the angels would help you out. Day after day you returned to the door and shouted, sang, even bellowed my name in different tongues. You never failed. And finally after so long, your pleadings fallen unto the warm desert winds traveled through the canyons, over the dunes, past the sunsets of burnt orange, and drifted in my ear and I heard my Kings voice and tuned away from my madness, finally heading back to the sweetness of honey, the joy of his voice after hearing nothing but my own anguish day after day words cannot describe.
     Once again the ring of your Kingdom adorns my finger. The crown of the prince is squarely on my head, within its encrusted jewels is the most behoden of all shiny bold and strong. Love.
     Now with your grace and kindness I ask humbly, show me my King, what I can do for you today, my heart and soul are yours.

Go back to the Basics
Be the King you were born to be.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment